Circles of Resource | Movement Medicine
CIRCLES OF RESOURCE | MOVEMENT MEDICINE
DAVID MOONEY LIVE FROM IRELAND
TUESDAYS: SEPT 7 ~ OCT 12, 2021
7:30am-9:30am Pacific; 8:30am ~ 10:30am Mountain; 9:30am-11:30am Central; 10:30am-12:30pm Eastern; 3:30pm-5:30pm BST (British Summer Time); 4:30pm-6:30pm CET (Central Europe Time).
A 6-WK MOVEMENT MEDICINE JOURNEY WITH A SMALL GROUP OF COMMITTED DANCERS
THIS COURSE INCLUDES 30 CONSECUTIVE DAYS OF DANCE PRACTICE AS A TRANSFORMATIONAL EXPERIENCE.
6 LIVE SESSIONS WITH DAVID-– AND 26 CONSECUTIVE ZOOM GROUP MORNING PRACTICES HELD BY DAVID’S INTERNATIONAL TEAM (PRACTICES CAN BE WITH THE GROUP OR SOLO IN YOUR OWN TIME — BUT HIGHLY ENCOURAGED!)
This 6-week course is designed to highlight the importance of RECHARGING YOUR CIRCLES OF RESOURCE as we transition into this new phase together, in the midst of so much change.
- Resouces of connection such the benevolent and powerful epigenetic resource of the ancestors.
- The natural biorhythm cycles of the year with an Autumn Equinox ceremony
- The shamanic nature based circles of support with our wider community of relations
- The vibrant inspiration and alongsideness of a small community to explore the power of practice
- The power of practice will be woven through this 6 week journey with a 30-day challenge to dance together everyday or solo in your own time to really take ownership of your innate capacity for living these times as a dancer.
ABOUT DAVID MOONEY
David Mooney teaches Movement Medicine, as a contemporary map to explore what it means to be alive in these times and how to transform patterns and wounds into opportunities for growth so we can give all that we can in this lifetime.
As a fully qualified and practicing psychotherapist, David integrates Internal Family Systems, Somatic psychotherapy, Polyvagal Theory and has 18 years of experience as a psychotherapist in the national health sector (Health Service Executive Ireland) and private practice.
David’s approach is based on compassionate presence, a regard that all people have the innate capacity for growth and connection to the natural healing force of life given the appropriate access to resources and community.
Passionate about shamanic pathways and the power of movement as a creative healing modality, in 2000 David became an apprentice and then went on to serve a faculty member of The School of Movement Medicine. In tandem, he began his Red Path journey with the Lakota people in Canada in 2014.
David, along with his wife, Yasia, will teach the first School of Movement Medicine Apprenticeship program after the founders Ya’Acov and Susannah Darling Khan.