Community Service Week
Community Service Week
Welcome to an extra special Service Week! All Service Weeks present a beautiful opportunity to engage with the land and community more deeply, and in Community Service Week, we’ll go even a little deeper. Since the fires of 2020, the community has been so focused on re-opening the property to guests that we have done little to tend to our community village in the last few years. Opportunities for clean-up and beautifying abound, as well as an opportunity to work right alongside members of the Breitenbush staff—as we all work together to clean up this space and make something beautiful together.
During this special event, we’ll work two shifts a day, from 11-1pm, and 3pm-5pm. These are timed for your convenience, around mealtimes, as well as to create more options for community members to engage in our cleanup. We’ll focus on getting the community garden ready for spring, cleaning up abandoned materials in the village, and organizing/storing useful materials that remain. Imagine a barn raising party! Working alongside others feels fun, and many hands make work light!
All Service Weeks have a four hour work commitment each day, with the rest of the time yours for soaking, eating delicious meals, and just being. The emphasis will be working outdoors (landscaping and sorting construction materials). As a thank you for your generous labor, we offer a 30% discount on booking accommodations. We’re SO grateful to have you!
This Grove room is a gorgeous accommodation, heated by adjustable geothermal heat, and looking out towards the mountains. This space includes one full bed and outlets with a small amount of power. Beds come with a fitted sheet, you will need to bring your own bedding. Each room is named after native trees to honor the trees lost in the 2020 wildfire.
Milky Way Rooms
Milky Way rooms are cozy spaces in a renovated dairy truck. Each room has a twin or twin bunk bed. There is a porch entrance that overlooks the river. Beds come with a fitted sheet, you will need to bring your own bedding. Rooms are heated.
Rescheduling Overnight Reservations:
- We can reschedule your stay once at no charge, if it is more than 72 hours before noon of your arrival date.
- Rescheduling more than once, or between 72-24 hours before noon of your arrival date, will incur a $50 service fee.
- We are not able to reschedule reservations less than 24 hours before noon of your arrival date.
Canceling Overnight Reservations:
- If you cancel your reservation more than 72 hours before noon of your arrival date, there is a standard $50 service fee. The remainder of the payment will be refunded to you.
- If you cancel your reservation between 72-24 hours before noon of your arrival date, there is a standard $50 service fee. The remainder of the payment will be placed on a credit voucher, valid for one year.
- If you cancel your reservation less than 24 hours before noon of your arrival date, no refund will be provided.
We hope you’ll join us! We wouldn’t be here if it weren’t for you, our outer community, and we’re excited to get to know you more deeply. Thanks for being here.