DANCE YOUR PRAYERS | SPIRIT LAKE| MILWAUKEE
Dance Your Prayers Back to Nature
Facilitated by Carrie Branovan (aka DJ Lady Zaza)
YOU are warmly welcome to join a growing dancing community that meets weekly in a beautiful land preserve north of Milwaukee– in an exquisite pine forest — surrounded by a prairie flowers– anda croaking frog lake– with an abundance of fresh air. There is absolutely no dance experience necessary-no steps to learn. Come exactly as you are. All backgrounds, cultures, genders, and physical conditions are welcome. Listen to the wisdom of your body.
Absolutely everyone can benefit from soothing our nervous systems, inviting the thinking to stillness.
What will we be doing?
We will be listening to a 60–minute set of organic medicine beats that are choregraphed to the elements—Earth, Fire, Water Air– via Silent Disco Technology. This is not performance art. It’s a personal invitation to dance with what is and journey into the imaginal realms.
Why Dance? Why Nature?
Creative free form movement in a non-judgmental space promotes strength, resilience, and nurtures our imagination. Moving in new creative and playful ways creates new neural pathways, new insights, a sense of expansiveness, and you may find moments of — bliss.
How is the music heard?
We use Silent Disco Technology (individual headsets that are plugged into small radio receiver boxes that we provide that clip on to your belt, or pants, so that everyone hears the same music simultaneously). This way, we do not disturb nature or wildlife, and we receive good quality sound with an adjustable volume. The receivers work up to 100 feet away from the “DJ Table” so dancers are free to move to wherever their body takes them.
Where does this take place?
We work in collaboration with the Nature Preserves and Parks that offer the sanctuary and inspiration that nature has to teach us (and we can offer reciprocity) in these times. Moving outside provides safety and comfort of physical distance if desired. And, trees flowers and butterflies love to be noticed and appreciated too! It’s a relationship.
• A good quality headset with a round mini plug (see picture left!) that you can plug into the audio receiver we provide to you– iPhone type headsets with the mini plug work will — or if you have higher quality like iPhone in the ears— or Beats — or Bose those are great. BLUETOOTH HEADSETS WON’T WORK! They need to be headsets with a wire and round mini plug.
• An outdoor blanket or yoga mat to rest and meditate before and after the session.
• Shoes that will bend and allow movement.
• A journal and/or sketch book and some art materials if you choose.
• Layers. Comfortable clothes for movement. Soft sole shoes that allow for bending and stretching.
• Outdoor gear: A hat, sunscreen, and natural insect repellent. Take care of yourself
What you can expect from Carrie:
• Silent Disco Audio Receiver: You will have use of a "silent disco" audio receiver to plug your own headset into and clip on your pants, skirt, or pocket.
• 60-minutes of custom mixed music for movement and meditation.
• Bathroom provisions if nature calls.
• A non-judgmental, safely held space, and clear compassionate guidance.
The Legal Stuff
Weather contingent: if it is raining / stormy, the session will be canceled and all monies refunded.
• Please no photography or video allowed during the session. This is a very personal time.
• Participation is fully at the risk and choice of participants. It is each person’s responsibility to look after their physical, emotional and mental well-being. Listen to your own body. If something hurts, pay attention and take care of yourself. All participants are asked to move at their own pace and to take care of themselves on all levels. Carrie Branovan, and all people connected to Dance Your Prayers, can take no responsibility for injury you sustain as a result of participating in these outdoor classes.
• You take full responsibility for my own physical, emotional, mental and spiritual health during the session and afterward.
I LOOK FORWARD TO SHARING THESE SPECIAL DANCE SESSIONS WITH YOU! Please feel free to reach out with questions.
CARRIE "DJ Lady Zaza"
**A percentage of the class fees will be donated to the stewards of the land upon which we dance.