Fusion Finger Cymbals Intensive
Level up your Zil skills in this dynamic Finger Cymbal Intensive! Challenge yourself by moving beyond mid tempo triplets, fusing more intricate compositions and techniques into your dance and playing repertoire. This 3 hour technique driven class will imbue your spirit with fierce confidence and ease, offering a framework for a solid foundation in your playing while flowing through invigorating movement sequences. All levels welcome but some experience with zils and at least a year of dance training is highly recommended. I can’t wait to connect with you in class!
Expect to Glide Out the Door With:
- A badass drill (or five), that I have created specifically for effortless traveling steps, expansive movement, various spins and shimmies while playing finger cymbals.
- Exercises and discussion regarding nuanced playing and mindfulness of sound quality
- Playing with a variety of sounds such as: tics, half claps, full claps and frills
- Combos and choreographic chunks to take home for practice at your leisure or with friends
- A sampling of the budding 11:11 Fusion Dance Vocabulary to play with
- Ideas to create consistency in your practice
- Empowerment in a creative container and community
What to Bring:
- Finger Cymbals (Sagat, zils) A few loaner pairs will be available for class on a first come first serve basis but it is recommended that you provide your own.
- A face mask
- Comfy stretchy layers to dance in
- A waterbottle
- A yoga mat, optional but recommended
- A beginner’s mind