The Mindfulness Meditation Teacher Certification Program
A Personal Letter from
Jack Kornfield and Tara Brach
Dear fellow meditator,
It is a great pleasure to announce the opening of enrollment in our two-year Mindfulness Meditation Teacher Certification Program.
The program combines our best and most creative teaching, offering a wonderful and thorough training in mindfulness, lovingkindness, and compassion for those who want to teach. Our first group came from 16 countries and has become a vibrant and creative community.
The first two programs filled to capacity, so we encourage those interested not to miss this chance to enroll. Apply on February 18 to ensure your spot in this training, which includes two very special live teaching events. The early round of applications will be accepted until June 1, 2020.
This Teacher Certification Program through the Awareness Training Institute has been in the making for over 30 years. We have seen a need for more qualified mindfulness meditation teachers to support the growing popularity of mindfulness, self-compassion, and meditation. By joining this training, you will become part of a worldwide movement of people dedicated to bringing mindfulness meditation to local and global communities and people from all walks of life who are committed to mindful living.
Our certification program has both psychological and spiritual depth. It combines powerful online learning and two in-person events, as well as online training sessions with guest teachers such as Eckhart Tolle, Dan Siegel, Kristin Neff, and many more. For those who can, you’ll have the opportunity to join us in person for two three-day workshops in the Washington, DC area to deepen your own meditation training and prepare you to skillfully teach and guide others. If you can’t attend the live workshops in person, we will be livestreaming these sessions and also making a replay available so that you can participate from anywhere in the world.
By joining us to become
a certified mindfulness meditation teacher,
- Learn how to teach mindfulness meditation with tools for body, heart, mind, and community
- Train to teach practices of compassion, lovingkindness, forgiveness, and joy
- Develop skills for leading groups and classes and guiding students
- Receive ongoing professional mentoring (individual and group) offered throughout the two-year training by an international group of highly respected meditation teachers
- Participate in two in-person workshops to connect with your fellow aspiring teachers
- Gain skills that apply mindfulness and self-compassion to relationships, conflict, trauma, organizational wisdom, and societal change
- Grow and deepen your spiritual path
- Join a stimulating network of peers—a vibrant international community of mindfulness teachers around the world
Upon completion of the program, you will be certified by both the Awareness Training Institute and the Greater Good Science Center at the University of California at Berkeley. Continuing Education credits will also be available.
This is going to be an extraordinary training and experience. By doing your own meditation work and then by helping others do the same, you will be making a significant contribution to the evolution of your own being as well as helping shift the consciousness of humanity to a wiser and more compassionate level.
We hope you can join us!
With much appreciation,