Yoga Journeys with Jaya Lakshmi
ॐ Yoga Journeys with Jaya Lakshmi ॐ
4 Wednesdays: July 15, 22, 29 and Aug 5, 10am-12pm
I am very excited to share a series of four yoga classes while I am staying in Ashland this summer!
I recently returned from a three month stay in India during which I took a 300-hour yoga teacher training course with Anand Mehrotra at Sattva Yoga Academy, just outside of Rishikesh. I also took part in a special three week Bhagavad-Gita wisdom course right afterwards.
Sattva Yoga is an integrated yoga system based on the ancient Himalayan Yog-Vedantic Tradition, created by living master Anand Mehrotra, a native of Rishikesh. This means that it combines Kriya and Kundalini Yoga, Meditation, Pranayama (breathwork), Wisdom teachings (Dharma talks), Sacred Ritual (puja), Hatha/Vinyasa Yoga, partner work, Mantra and Naad, the Yoga of Sound. For more info, visit:
I will be leading four, 2-hour ‘Yoga Journeys’, in which we will practice various sets and sequences designed for optimal upliftment and expansion of our consciousness. Each journey will be uniquely crafted by me. Sattva teachers are encouraged to weave together different sets and sequences according to their vision and intuition of what is most needed at the time, considering the demographic, location, astrology/astronomy, weather, etc… Music is an important part of the journeys and I will create a tailored playlist for each class. I intend to share a live song of my own at the closings 🙂
Note: It is advised to eat only a light breakfast before 9:30am – you do not want to be digesting much during the class!- or you can fast, if you feel you have enough stamina and blood sugar to last until after noon. (Tea and a smoothie or fruit around 9am is a good way to go)
Our journeys will follow a basic structure, as follows:
Warm ups – Pranayama/Kriya
Journey #1 WED JULY 15:
Opening the Radiant Heart
* This will be a more gentle class. Participants will become familiar with Sattva techniques and begin to open and move energy.
Journey #2 WED JULY 22:
Warrior Empowerment; Clearing and building prana.
* We will focus on clearing the chakras & energy bodies and creating clarity, then building strength. This will be a strong class where there is a lot of release of energy.
Journey #3 WED JULY 29:
Channeling Creative Spirit
* We will focus on opening up and our divine creative channel.
There will more fluidity woven in throughout the class,
giving opportunities for participants to experience their unique artistry in movement and breath.
Journey #4 WED AUG 5:
Infinite Abundance and Cosmic Consciousness
* This final class of the series includes abundance kriyas and mantras together with more advanced breath and meditation techniques. We will expand the crown chakra so that we may experience Sat Chid Ananda (Truth, Consciousness Bliss) or Samadhi, the ecstatic state beyond the mind, also known as Cosmic Consciousness, Unity Consciousness.
* Event is in-person. Not online.
* All levels of yoga experience welcome.
* Bring a yoga mat and a comfortable meditation cushion.
* Cost is $25 at the door.
* Space is limited, so please arrive on time to ensure admission.
I am deeply inspired and ready to share the powerful yogic teachings and techniques I’ve learned! Looking forward to seeing you.