Yoga, Music and Poetry in Ireland
Join Irish yoga teacher Dearbhla Kelly, along with Irish musicians Liam Ó’Maonlaí, Rónán Ó’ Snodaigh and Grammy-nominated kirtan singer Dave Stringer for a week-long immersion in Irish culture, music, poetry and landscape. We will stay at the historic Temple House in County Sligo close to the Atlantic coast, Neolithic sites and Irish poet W.B. Yeats’ burial place.
Temple House is a beautiful Georgian manor set in a private estate of over 1,000 acres, overlooking a 13th century lakeside castle of the Knights Templar. The Perceval family home since 1665, the present manor was redesigned in 1864 and enjoys the authentic and unpretentious luxury country house atmosphere.
This one of a kind yoga retreat, curated by Dearbhla, will showcase the stunning natural beauty of the Emerald Isle and introduce you to the depth and richness of Irish culture, the deliciousness of Irish farm-to-table food, and the warmth and friendliness of Irish hospitality.
- Personal interaction with world renowned traditional musicians Liam and Rónán. Both are steeped in Irish history and folklore and native speakers of Gaelic
- Daily morning yoga classes with Dearbhla with musical accompaniment by Dave
- Storytelling evening with Irish seanchaí
- Tour of Yeats country with local Yeats scholar
- Guided visits to Neolithic sites (Carrowkeel Megalithic Passage Tomb Site 3200 B.C.E. – 2400 B.C.E and Queen Maeve’s Cairn 3000 B.C.E )
- Kirtan with Dave – you are welcome to bring musical instruments to join in
- Evening music and poetry jams with Dave, Liam and Rónán
- Irish pubs and optional activities at Temple House (bodhrán classes with Rónán, horse riding, eagle flying, fishing etc)
- Coach to / from Dublin
- 6 dinners at Temple House
- 4 lunches at Temple House
- 6 breakfasts at Temple House
- Closing brunch at Temple House
- 7 morning yoga classes with musical accompaniment
- Evening music performances
- Guided tours of Yeats Country and Neolithic sites
- Hotel in Dublin
- Covid tests
- 1 evening meal at a restaurant in Sligo town
- 2 pub lunches
- Alcoholic beverages
- Optional activities
* Registration fee is per person. Room fees are not based on occupancy. Cost for each room can be shared amongst occupants. All rooms are suitable for 2 persons, some rooms can accommodate up to 2 adults and 2 children.
** Payment in full on registration is appreciated. If you need to pay in installments and wish to guarantee your choice of rooms, please choose a room and pay for it immediately. Payment for the registration fees for the people sharing the room will then be due April 1, 2022.
*** We require guests to purchase trip insurance for international retreats. We recommend comparing plans at insuremytrip.com. Please do not purchase trip insurance until you have received the official green light confirmation email from us.
**** Questions about accommodations at Temple House, hotel recommendation in Dublin, travel, retreat activities or anything else of concern? Email Dearbhla at firstname.lastname@example.org
Exterior views of Temple House, lake and castle ruins
Interior views of Temple House common areas
Temple House bedroom layout and house plan (not to scale)
Castle – King double room €2800
Blue – King double room €2800
Maple – Standard double room €2325
Half Acre – Superior double room (with annex room suitable for 1-2 children) €2560
Porch – Superior double room (extra bed can be added) €2560
Red – Standard twin room €1965
Twins – Superior twin room €2560
Poppy – King room (bed can be divided into 2 twins) €2560
Elderflower – King room (bed can be divided into 2 twins) €2560
Woodpecker – King double room €2325
Irish Music Playlist