The Way of The Bard
The Way of the Bard
An 8 week exploration of creativity through self-reflection, poetry, songwriting & meeting the muse
Tuesdays 10am-11:30am PST / 1pm-2:30 EST / 7pm-8:30pm CET
March 9th – April 27th – Online with Peia
Often our unresolved emotions or experiences can be our greatest source of creative material. Poetry and songwriting is a place I turn to when I am turning something over inside me or when I’m struggling to make sense of the world outside. By staying present and allowing the tension or discomfort to be, a voice of deeper knowing can emerge. It may be subtle at first, but it’s from this place that simple truths and wisdom arise and can take shape into poetry or song. My hope is that through the practices offered in this course, you will beable to tap into your own creative wellspring and learn how to metabilize life’s beauty and pain through creative expression.
This eight week course will focus on nourishing the creative spirit through:
- Guided self-reflection
- Journaling practices
- Cultivating a relationship with the Muse
- Exploring the poetry and lyricism of a few of my favorite writers, including: John O’Donoghue, Rilke, Mary Oliver and Gillian Welch
- A Discussion on melody & the components of a compelling tune.
- Practices to invite new melody & song through rhythm in the body, chord structure or the use of drone.
- An exploration of song forms.
- Writing Prompts
During the length of this course you will write and have an opportunity to receive feedback on:
- A Poem
- A melody
- And a Song
Each weekly session will be 90 minutes and will be recorded for you to watch later if you can not make our scheduled time. Video recordings and class materials will be available for one month after the class closes.